254 miles anybody?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

The MFM site and iPhone app suddenly reporting my car has a very Tesla-like 254 miles of range on a full charge (car itself says 82 miles).

Anyone else seeing this nonsense?

My coworker saw that when the website first switched over. It cleared itself after he hit "update" a couple of times.

Also note that the number 254 is 0xfe (hexadecimal for you non-software types) which may indicate a special value--or not, could just be a coincidence.

I've noticed on both websites that the data from the car seems to get queued up sometimes and I have to repeatedly hit "update" to get to the next set of data.

Nope, that's about the only thing that is accurate on the new website.

How funny is the ZenMaster contest? Don't you love that somebody is getting 1,800 Wh/Mile?

jmueller065 said:
My coworker saw that when the website first switched over. It cleared itself after he hit "update" a couple of times.
Sounds great. Most of the time, "Update" just fails for me.

At some point tonight, it finally corrected, but it was showing 254 for quite a while.

Not a non sense
It is only when car is on stop ( like in the driveway ) after a ride .the little energy the car spent are calculate by the computer showing a huge mileage to do at this consumtion rate .
It is desapear fastlywhen star moving the car .....to compare it is like releasing the gas pedal decending the hill , the computer calculate 0.2 liter per 100km .

Santo9 said:
Not a non sense
It is only when car is on stop ( like in the driveway ) after a ride .the little energy the car spent are calculate by the computer showing a huge mileage to do at this consumtion rate .
It is desapear fastlywhen star moving the car .....to compare it is like releasing the gas pedal decending the hill , the computer calculate 0.2 liter per 100km .
No, what I saw above was almost certainly a bug. It eventually corrected itself without me touching the car. As someone else noted, 255 (or 0xFF in hex) is kinda of a suspicious "computery number", making the behavior smell like a bug.

Back