A/C dead, please help with forscan

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasputis

Hello, my air conditioning stopped working while sitting in car at idle.

Only DTC whitch was related: B11EE:19 A/C Compressor: Circuit Current Above Threshold

After erasing errors, everything seems fine, but compressor does not engage (HV fuse is ok). And i bumped into wall, don't know what the cause is. Forscan does not show if it gets command to start compressor. Pressure seems fine.

My question is, maybe someone will have connected their car with forscan, and in module ACCM you can check parameter PowerPackState while A/C is on and cooling your car.1000003881.png

This is from the service manual. I am thinking the refrigerant charge might be low. But maybe not.
Odd that they say to check the battery, PCM and TCM. Maybe too much current draw somewhere else? Strange.

1723479043945.png

Here you go. I noticed that the vehicle must be started for the AC to work. You cannot just power on the car. You got to have the green arrows. I used the table format to better see the additional parameters. I added 5 more parameters, to check the voltage to the ACCM, refrigerant valve position and pressures. The latter were found in the PCM module. Note that though the AC button was on, the last parameter found in the BCM did not indicate so.

1723482480016.png

After about a minute, the rpms were dropping as things were stabilizing. They went from 7000 to 2000. Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
From the refrigerant pressure values, I would say it's very low.

I went through an A/C repair a year ago that turned out to be a leak in the evaporator. I forget the exact pressure values, but when the A/C is at rest, both are somewhere around 300-400 PSI. When running, the high side is over 1100 and the low side is below 200. I can check on my car later today for a better set of numbers.

I hope if you have a leak that it's not the evaporator. Replacing it pretty much requires a full disassembly of the dash, so labour costs as much or a bit more than parts, and the parts aren't cheap. 😥

Strange, the AC works great. No complaints there. In fact, it sometimes seems too cold.

Back