BMW I3 has its own Stop Safely Now issue...

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael

http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8590#p8590

Looks like BMW I3 also has the kind of teething issues the FFE had. Except they say "Drivetrain: Stop Carefully" instead of "Stop Safely Now"

From reading that, though, the i3 doesn't completely give up the ghost and quit like the FFE did. Still concerning to the drivers but not as much as "stalling out" in the middle of traffic.

It is also interesting in there that Europe doesn't seem to be having the issue and that BMW did some last minute tweaking before launching it in the US (which may or may not have lead to the problem)--at least someone speculated that.

jmueller065 said:
From reading that, though, the i3 doesn't completely give up the ghost and quit like the FFE did. Still concerning to the drivers but not as much as "stalling out" in the middle of traffic.

It is also interesting in there that Europe doesn't seem to be having the issue and that BMW did some last minute tweaking before launching it in the US (which may or may not have lead to the problem)--at least someone speculated that.
Doesn't mean it won't. The ActiveE had the same problem, and we thought that BMW had fixed it for the i3. Most times the BMW issue occurs when the car is parked. Only a few of us had to deal with it happening at speed. I had the pleasure of it occurring at 80 mph on the interstate in the ActiveE. Not the most fun I've ever had, that's for sure.

Back