Charging port alignment issue

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wenceg

Has anyone had an issue with the alignment of their charging port? I didn't notice the issue on my new 2015 FFE until I installed a Seimens Versicharger in my garage. That unit's plug fits the charging port with less room for error than the 120v charger that comes with the car. When I first tried to plug in the Seimens "nozzle," it would not click into place. When I looked closer, I could see the car's charge port was shifted to the rear of the vehicle and snugged against the right side of the fender's charging port opening.

By applying pressure on the nozzle towards the front of the car, I was able to clear the inside of the charging port and fully plug in the cord from the level 2 charger.

Is this common? Has anyone tried to have this adjusted by their dealership?

picture can be seen here. https://flic.kr/p/zgnhrc

Wenceg said:
Picture added to original post.
The position of your charge inlet is normal. It is shifted to the left to make room for the rotating hinge.

But, what we wanted to see were photos of your Seimens "not fitting right".

Perhaps you've just been unfortunate with the Seimens. For me, every J1772 plug I've used has fit fine.

It will help us to see the nozzle in place. I'm guessing the size of the external portion of your nozzle is larger than others and doesn't clear the moving door. Is this correct?

Back