Did the IRS try and cheat people out part of the tax credit?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffand

They certainly are trying on me, by reducing my tax return to the tune of $1700. Is any one else having this same problem?

jeffand said:
They certainly are trying on me, by reducing my tax return to the tune of $1700. Is any one else having this same problem?

The IRS has been very aggressive with denials of the EV tax credit. They denied ours when we bought our first EV in 2011 and it took 4 appeals before we finally got the entire credit. Don't give up if your return is correct. If the problem is not resolved after multiple appeals, the taxpayer advocate will accept your case.

hcsharp said:
The IRS has been very aggressive with denials of the EV tax credit. They denied ours when we bought our first EV in 2011 and it took 4 appeals before we finally got the entire credit.
On what basis would they deny it?

WattsUp said:
On what basis would they deny it?
They claim you didn't buy the car. They question the VIN and say it's invalid. Sending paperwork for the purchase doesn't always work. They also miscalculate the interaction with other credits.

Back