FFE charging to 65 miles showing 100% charge

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hari

Lately I am seeing that when I charge my car, the full charge is showing, however, the milage shown is 65 miles instead of the normal 78 miles that it used to show. Is this something new or experiend by others? Any solutions? It is kind of scary! Kindly help.

The range calculation is based on recent usage patterns, and use of the heating or air conditioning systems can have a significant effect on the range. For example, I live in Palm Springs, and when the weather cooled off, and I stopped using the A/C, my range went up. If you've started using the heater, that could explain why your range calculation is dropping.

Hari said:
Lately I am seeing that when I charge my car, the full charge is showing, however, the milage shown is 65 miles instead of the normal 78 miles that it used to show. Is this something new or experiend by others? Any solutions? It is kind of scary! Kindly help.

Has it got colder where you are?
Have you been having more fun than usual (driving agressive)?
Do you keep it plugged in to level 2 chárger?

Tim Jodice said:
Has it got colder where you are?
Mmmm.... colder where you are, range less you will have.
Less range leads to anxiety, anxiety leads to hate, hate leads to... suffering.
Suffer not... if more range you want, careful driver you must be.

~ Yoda

Get used to looking at the percentage of charge instead the number of miles. The state of charge is real. The miles are an estimate....and is usually, if not always, based on your power consuption per mile before your last charge...as has been stated.

As you go more and more places, you get a better feeling about where you can go and how much charge it takes....and, as also noted, there is a penalty when using the AC, but even more-so, the heater. The range anxiety will soon pass. :)

Back