High voltage cable issues

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kshepard2

Have a 2014 FFE car that has been broken down for a high voltage cable issue for over 2 weeks now and counting, evidently there is a TSB bulletin out from ford regarding this issue? Ford is saying there are no parts available and no time line to get the replacement part. Is any one else having this problem? What was your solution? The Ford service people have been terrible!!!!

kshepard2 said:
Have a 2014 FFE car that has been broken down for a high voltage cable issue for over 2 weeks now and counting, evidently there is a TSB bulletin out from ford regarding this issue? Ford is saying there are no parts available and no time line to get the replacement part. Is any one else having this problem? What was your solution? The Ford service people have been terrible!!!!
TSB 15-0031. Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow PDF attachments and I haven't had time to convert the TSB to a JPEG to post it.

hybridbear said:
kshepard2 said:
TSB 15-0031. Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow PDF attachments and I haven't had time to convert the TSB to a JPEG to post it.
Put the PDF up on dropbox.com?

5 weeks and counting on my wife's FFE for the High Voltage Battery cable. Two weeks ago I was informed by my local Ford Service Manager that the replacement would be in by Jun 23rd. That day has come and gone and no part or ETA according to the Dealer.

I've escalated this to the regional Ford Representative. They have given me a free Hertz Loaner (Toyota Yaris) car during the down time. I complained regarding the cost/feature differential between the vehicles and they upgraded her to a SUV (Jeep). So now we have a gas bill again. Would just rather have the car back but can't get an answer out of Ford.

Update after 6 weeks the new high voltage cable arrived and was installed! Now there is a new problem, after replacement cable was installed and everything was reprogrammed, now when any accessory is turned on you immediately lose 20 miles from your mileage range! This behavior is brand new as it was not doing before the new cable was installed. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

kshepard2 said:
now when any accessory is turned on you immediately lose 20 miles from your mileage range! This behavior is brand new as it was not doing before the new cable was installed. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
I wouldn't be too concerned about that. Note that the mileage range isn't called the Guess-O-Meter for nothing.

I would suspect that they probably disconnected 12V when they replaced your cables causing all the learned info to be lost. Thus its just using default values (e.g. default power consumption when you turn on heat) and thus killing the mile estimate. Drive it around like you did I bet the GOM will be back to normal in a few days as it re-learns your patterns/habits/etc.

kshepard2 said:
... now when any accessory is turned on you immediately lose 20 miles from your mileage range!
Typically, the only accessory that causes the GOM to drop is the climate control. Heat causes the biggest drop (10-20 miles), but A/C does too (1-10 miles). The drop is somewhat proportional to how much charge is left, so it is usually the most dramatic (in terms of miles) after a full charge. Accessories like the wipers, radio, headlamps, seat warmers, etc. don't even register on the GOM. (They use negligible amounts of energy.)

So... you're saying, though, when you turn on the wipers or the radio, for example, the GOM decreases by 20 miles?

Back