L1 and l2 stopped after rain

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hds

Hi Everyone,

New to me 2017 focus ev just stopped charging after night of rain. I noticed some water in cars connector. So I blew air to clean it but it won't change.

I tried 3 different plugs but no luck.

1. When plugged I hear relays clicking and starts to charge for about 20-30 secs before I get flashing lights.
2. I charged about 6km of range unplugging and plugging for 0 mins as I was stuck on the road with 5km short in range to get home.
3. Plugged it overnight at home but no luck.
4. "Unlocking charger" keeps showing on screen and I can hear the motor making sound at charge port.

L3 charge never worked since I bought it 2 months ago so I never got it looked at. But now l1 and 2 stopped working.

Battery pack is 2 years old.
I ll get ford scan setup today to look for codes

Appreciate anyguidance.

Unlocking charger would be tied to the CCS charging. Is this J1772 or EU plug?
It's j1772. I opened the port uptoday to check the lock pin solenoid. But it looked ok. If I manually lock it it unlocks after a few secs or if I open driver side door.

After putting it back together car didn't charge but I checked after 6 hours and it had 70km more range but was still flashing lights. Am confused why it charged a little but stopped again.

Are you getting flashing lights and code P0d98? Semi common problem is the interlock! This can both disable level 3 charging and eventually level 1&2. Ford claims this part is unserviceable but it can be fixed for level 1&2 charging for less than a dollar.. let me know…. For all 3 for a little over $100 if you can find the part….

Are you getting flashing lights and code P0d98? Semi common problem is the interlock! This can both disable level 3 charging and eventually level 1&2. Ford claims this part is unserviceable but it can be fixed for level 1&2 charging for less than a dollar.. let me know…. For all 3 for a little over $100 if you can find the part….
Yes that's what happened. Level 3 wasn't working and now level 1 and 2 not working. How do I fix them? I am fairly handy with cars. Would like level 1 and 2 fixed first and then level 3.

Back