MFM & Daylight Saving Time

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hybridbear

Is anyone else having issues with their Go Times and the daylight saving time change this morning?

This morning I corrected the clock in the car by going into the settings and clicking on "reset to GPS time". The Go Times in the car display correctly. But in the MFM app they display one hour too early. My time zone is set to Central Time in the settings in the app. In the "upcoming Go Times" section they show up one hour too early. In the complete Go Times schedule they show up correctly.

Anyone else experiencing this?

unplugged said:
cwstnsko said:
I was a bit surprised the car didn't automatically change it's clock....
It really is quite absurd that you have to go into the settings and push a button to "set to GPS time." Shouldn't it always be set to GPS time?
No. We like our clock in the car to be 1-2 minutes fast. After I clicked "set to GPS time" I had to then move the minute 2 minutes ahead. If the car forced the clock to be set to GPS time you could not set it ahead or behind to your choosing.

hybridbear said:
No. We like our clock in the car to be 1-2 minutes fast.
Ha, that reminds me of my girlfriend who likes to set her car 15 minutes ahead. I always panic at first in her car, and then remember she screws up the clock. She does the same damn thing to her bedside clock. I asked, "Why so far ahead? Don't you just recalculate it in your brain because you know that it is fast?" She says I don't understand, and I guess I really don't.

Are all your clocks set for two minutes ahead? How do you fix your cell phone? Does that two minutes (or 15 in some cases) help to be on time? Because I can attest to the fact that it doesn't help my girlfriend in the least. :roll:

unplugged said:
hybridbear said:
No. We like our clock in the car to be 1-2 minutes fast.
Ha, that reminds me of my girlfriend who likes to set her car 15 minutes ahead. I always panic at first in her car, and then remember she screws up the clock. She does the same damn thing to her bedside clock. I asked, "Why so far ahead? Don't you just recalculate it in your brain because you know that it is fast?" She says I don't understand, and I guess I really don't.

Are all your clocks set for two minutes ahead? How do you fix your cell phone? Does that two minutes (or 15 in some cases) help to be on time? Because I can attest to the fact that it doesn't help my girlfriend in the least. :roll:
Lol

My alarm clock is set 10 minutes fast. All the clocks in our house are set 1-2 minutes fast. Only my watch & cell phone have the exact time. I find it helps me because 1-2 minutes is usually about how long it takes to get out of our apartment and down to the car or out of the car and inside at a destination. With the clocks that are 1-2 minutes fast I don't do any adjusting the time in my head so it just helps me be on time. With my alarm clock that's 10 minutes fast I adjust the time in my head. I'm not sure how I ended up setting my alarm clock 10 minutes fast, but it's something I've done since middle school, about 15 years now.

Growing up, the clock on the oven in the kitchen was always 7 minutes fast which my parents liked as their buffer for getting out the door, into the car and going to plan arrival times for destinations.

hybridbear said:
Is anyone else having issues with their Go Times and the daylight saving time change this morning?
This morning I corrected the clock in the car by going into the settings and clicking on "reset to GPS time". [...]Anyone else experiencing this?
Ours was 1 hour off even though set to adjust with GPS and daylight saving time.
I turned off the daylight saving t. part, and the time snapped to correct.

The issue corrected itself automatically on Monday morning. Perhaps the MFM server was off for daylight saving time or something.

Back