Novel Use for a FFE

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

Here is a novel use for a FFE: Running a pitching machine.
noveluse.jpg

Yeah that's just an 800W inverter connected to the 12V battery--same thing you could do with any ICE. Point is: Look you can do the same type of thing with an EV.
No wasn't trying to hit the FFE! Simply put it close to make the picture easier LOL

I wondered what you were up to with that red thing (noticed the same picture in another thread).

Do you have the car turned on to keep the battery charged? Or does the pitching machine not use that much power? I'm just thinking, with an ICE, to keep the 12V battery charged up, you'd have to run the engine. With the FFE there's no engine running.

EVA said:
Do you have the car turned on to keep the battery charged? Or does the pitching machine not use that much power? I'm just thinking, with an ICE, to keep the 12V battery charged up, you'd have to run the engine. With the FFE there's no engine running.
The specifics: The inverter is 800W, according to the manufacturer the pitching machine should only draw 300W peak (200W continuous but I think those numbers were a guess! LOL).
I've only done a short test run with it to make sure everything worked ok. During the test run I "started" the FFE so that the DC-DC converter would keep the 12V battery charged.

Back