Owners manuals for Free

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

Are you spamming us??

I ask because the FFE is a very connected car: There are smartphone apps, and a website you can login to (you know to remote start it, check the charge state, etc.). All of which contain links to the most current version of the owners manual--for free.

No need for a 3rd party to supply us that which Ford already does so...again for free...?

Heck even the upfitters guide and the first responders guide are also free and available on Ford's websites.

Did a quick check of the web site... lots of misspelled words, and the link for Focus (2009-2012, no FFE-unique file) goes to a file with a .rar extension, a compressed format developed in Russia that, from what I read, can contain hidden files and malicious software. Most online resources that offer PDF files don't go through the trouble of compressing them, so I'm guessing that the download may not even contain a PDF. I didn't go as far as downloading the file and checking it out. jmeuller is right... there is already a source for our manual that is worthy of our trust.

Here's a better link: https://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePageVehicleLookup&BackToLogin=Owner/Page/OwnerGuidePage&ord=23587283

v_traveller - RAR is no different from Zip. RAR is a far better compression method for large files. Where the program was developed is irrelevant. The files at that website could have bad things inside them, or not, just like any other place or email that has files to download. RAR doesn't make them bad. You use WinRAR to open the files.

Um you do know that the latest version of WinZip does open and extract RAR files right??

And I see that the original post has been removed as someone marked it as spam..! LOL so now this whole conversation is irrelevant.

Back