Range View?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

Does anyone use the "Range View" (either the main range view display or as part of the configurable screen)?
fferangeview.jpg

I've been driving around with this view showing lately (Figured I'd go through each different view). Seems to me that this view is intended for people who frequently drive to 0 since the highest "resolution" of the gauge is below 10 miles on the GOM.

Look at that Ford has a handy video on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qFBg1RinbA

Nope, never use that one. It's sort of gimmicky and not very useful, IMO.

Long ago, I settled on using the MyView configured to show the big energy usage meter (with the blue "cup" and average Wh/mi indicators turned on), the smaller Climate and Other energy usage meters, and the Budget and Status numbers.

That and occasionally flipping to the Trip view provide me everything "at a glance" to know where energy is going in my FFE.

Yeah I almost immediately settled on the same display you're using. This one does look a little gimmicky and I would think that it would enhance range anxiety instead of reduce it! LOL
Now that I'm quite used to driving the car and don't really need to know the exact climate consumption every second I figured I'd explore the gauges a little more...

WattsUp said:
Nope, never use that one. It's sort of gimmicky and not very useful, IMO.

Long ago, I settled on using the MyView configured to show the big energy usage meter (with the blue "cup" and average Wh/mi indicators turned on), the smaller Climate and Other energy usage meters, and the Budget and Status numbers.

That and occasionally flipping to the Trip view provide me everything "at a glance" to know where energy is going in my FFE.
yep thats the same display configuration I use, gives me all the data I'm interested in.

I also use the MyView display configured as mentioned. I appreciate the recommendation to use that screen. We've used it since we first got the car and find that it gives us all the needed info. The only thing I wish it has was a Wh/mi number which could be reset anytime like the Energi/Hybrid vehicles have on their screens under "Display Mode" for the left dash screen. I don't like not having instantaneous Wh/mi feedback for my trips. The trip meters are longer term Wh/mi numbers, not a short term number. That's one thing I like about the Energi displays better. I reset that MPGe number at the start of each trip and then I can actively see what my MPGe is over the course of a trip. I use it kind of like the blue cup & white tick marks to make sure that my electricity consumption won't run me out of electric range before I reach a charger.

hybridbear said:
The only thing I wish it has was a Wh/mi number which could be reset anytime like the Energi/Hybrid vehicles have on their screens under "Display Mode" for the left dash screen. I don't like not having instantaneous Wh/mi feedback for my trips. The trip meters are longer term Wh/mi numbers, not a short term number. That's one thing I like about the Energi displays better.
That Energi Wh/mi number display sounds great - excellent suggestion to add to the FFEs too!
Thats the only reason I switch back and forth between the My display and Trip meter left side displays...

Having left the range view up, today I happen to program in a destination in the Nav (For the FFE the only reason I use the Nav is to have the car let me know if I can make it to my destination or not and how I can manage to get there).
The range view switches to the distance to destination much like the range and status switch to distance and "extra". In this instance it does get marginally more useful as it serves as a graphical representation of how far away you are from your destination (even though the distance is shown in miles directly beneath it).

jmueller065 said:
Having left the range view up, today I happen to program in a destination in the Nav ... The range view switches to the distance to destination much like the range and status switch to distance and "extra".
Yeah, all of the range-type displays have the "status" vs "surplus" variants, depending on whether the navi is engaged.

Back