"Station Finder" list highlights the wrong map icons, uggh

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

I've just noticed that most of the items in the list of known (named) charging locations shown on the "Station Finder" page of the MFM website, when clicked, highlight the wrong icon on the map! :roll:

Try it! Go to the "Station Finder" page of the MFM site (most easily reached from the main page by clicking the link under the car location map). All of your known charging locations should be listed at the left of the page under the heading "Charging Stations". Try clicking each item in the list, which should highlight an icon on the map to the right. Great, right? Nope.

The problem (for me at least) is that not every list item highlights the matching icon on the map! Some do, but most don't. Now, they all do highlight an icon, but it is often for some randomly wrong location, different from the clicked list item. In my case, there does seem to be 1:1 mapping between the set of list items and the corresponding set of map icons, but the mappings between the individual items in each set is just plain screwed up. Currently, I have 9 items in my "Charging Stations" list and a full 7 of them highlight the wrong icon on the map. Only 2 actually highlight the correct icon.

How does your "Station Finder" behave?

Yeah does it for me as well.

Looks like the web page has two lists of the chargers each sorted differently. Thus when you click on an item in the displayed list it highlights an item from the differently sorted non-displayed list (e.g. click the top item and item 0 from the other list is highlighted).

The "Nearby Stations" list appears to be working correctly though.

I've been using the ChargePoint App and the PlugShare app or website to find locations. And the PlugShare has reviews, checkins, user defined directions for some and more. The problem I've had with the navigator and nearby stations is finding some of these charging stations or knowing if they are full or even working.

The PlugShare app has user comments on directions like "go to the back of the parking lot, down to level 2, around to the south part, and so on." That is far more helpful to me than "You have Arrived at your Destination" only to be in the middle of the road next to the building I have no clue about. There are quite a few places here in California where you can charge your car, but you need to drop it off with the hotel valet or be a hotel guest or be a restaurant guest. If you're not, you can't even get into the place or charge it. I would have not known that without that app. The first few days I didn't know about that app and was using the Focus Navigator to find nearby stations. And many times I couldn't even find the EV charging stations or I'd be at a hotel, ask some questions, nobody knew, and then have to figure out where the next one was.

What led me to PlugShare was I got tired of the damn Nearby station and went to using google maps on my phone and then found PlugShare as an option.

Plug share is much better for all the reasons listed. I have a friend who got a leaf a year before I got my FFE who introduced me to.plug share. I never use MFM. I will give it more time to mature.

pjam3 said:
I've been using the ChargePoint App and the PlugShare app or website to find locations.
Yup thanks, I use them too, and also the Recargo app/site. I'm just "reporting" MFM problems here hoping that Ford will see them. ;)

davideos said:
Plug share is much better for all the reasons listed. I have a friend who got a leaf a year before I got my FFE who introduced me to.plug share. I never use MFM. I will give it more time to mature.
I agree, I use those apps in the order PlugShare, Recargo, and ChargePoint. But, I want to "report" bugs here hoping that Ford will see them (I know that they do read these forums).

jmueller065 said:
The "Nearby Stations" list appears to be working correctly though.
Yeah, for me too.

Fwiw, I've also noticed the Charging Stations list on the MFM app (at least for iPhone) does highlight the correct map icons. It is only the website that doesn't highlight the right icons.

Back