Sync glitchy / myfordmobile website problems

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hxbruno

Since October I have not been able to connect to the my ford mobile website. I have not been able to re add my car to the website. The confirmation screen doesn't show up in my car. I am all up to date with the most recent sync software and the safety recall powertrain update. Since the new sync update, my car has been extremely glitchy. Especially with the radio. When I go to change from station to station there is a huge delay and will not switch the station. I have tried doing a master reset and nothing makes it better.

Ford Customer service has still failed to help me. Over a month now. Tempatures are cold and would really like to set my GO Times and see how much energy I have left.

Does anyone have any ideas to fix this? I have posted about this before but I am having issues with the sync now. tried a master reset which did nothing. Any thoughts?

I'm not having as many problems as you are, but ever since the merging of the two sites I've been unable to sync anything to the car from the web. I can read the battery state and location, but I can't set value charge, locations, or anything like that. I called Ford and they acknowledge it's a common problem but so far still broken

If changing stations takes a long time and is repeatable, I would take it to the dealer and demonstrate the failure. I would then ask "Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this unit defective?" Either response will be in your favor. One solid problem may be the cause for others. Then pile on that your other issues. I would then give the service advisor my account name and password and tell them I need the car added to the account before I pick it up. I would go ahead and mention that you've already called customer support and have done all they ask and it still doesn't work.

Anyway, I wouldn't let them keep the car while waiting for parts; but would bring the car back when they are ready to work on it. I just don't think customer service can go deep enough to solve this problem. Hopefully the dealer can get the require resources.

Good luck.

Great advice Davideos, dealer is the right place to have them solve the problem.

On the other side of the coin, no problems with Go times, syncing, communication with my car. Radio stations work just fine. There have been occaisional server problems where I think Ford has a sick system and I can't see my car. But those are rare.

I spoke to Ford today. They said problems syncing were common and the are trying to solve them. I'm not satisfied with the rate of progress, but if they are genuinely working on a fix I'll be patient.

It is a miracle! I finally after 2 months have come in contact with an engineer. He is working with me now on the problems I have been having. He had me pull the fuse #1 out of my car again and he pushed the confirmation screen to my car somehow. I received the confirmation and I am now waiting for the second screen to pop up so I can then use all the features again! Hurray!

He is also looking into why my Sync touch screen in my car isn't working properly. It is mostly the entertainment section where, like I said, I am unable to change the radio stations. I am not in the clear yet. Ford mentioned I might need a new cpu part or something but is looking into it. I will be taking this to the dealer on monday so they can look at this as well. The dealership mentioned they might have to do a master reset again! which will disconnect myfordmobile which I just got working again! hopefully it will be ok though. I will keep posting the updates in case anyone else runs into this problem.

I understand patience is important with new technology, but having software fail this badly on a product that is $40,000 after you release it, especially with the safety recall where cars were shutting down while driving, is terrible. And the lack of knowledge of their product is pretty bad. When you buy a product you expect it to work or you return it. Not "be patient" while they fix everything. Why am I paying all this money to just drive around and waste my time getting loaner cars every other week. Hopefully everything will resolve cuz this car is really kick ass when everything works.

Thanks for all the advice. sorry for all the venting.

Back