Telematics Control Unit Reboot

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichalsEV

MyFORDMobile stopped updating, and the State of Charge display to the right of speedometer stopped working (dashed lines instead of values). I fixed the problem by pulling and re-installing the F1 (telematics control unit) fuse. Has anyone else had this problem?

I just experienced similar thing this week. My ford mobile stopped updating my car. Bummer b/c I should have logged a 96 mile EV stretcher score! Seriously though after getting used to mobile access to the car it really sucks to lose it. Makes me think I will definitely pay to keep it going when Ford decides to start charging. Previously I have been able to renew updating by removing the vehicle from the account and re-adding it, but this time the car didn't show the confirmation screen so I knew it was something else. After removing and reinstalling fuse F1 in the trunk, the confirmation message popped up so I hope it will be fully back up by tomorrow. I read some posts from 2012 model drivers with similar issues solved by a fuse pull last fall/winter.
For what it's worth, my state of charge display in the car remained functional. Hopefully you don't have something more complicated going on, Michal.

Back