Temporary Mobility Kit sealant

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petehouk

Greetings, all. I am finally getting around to Servicing My Tire Mobility Kit, as my cluster has been instructing me to do for the last 18 months or so. I bought a container of the sealant from Rock Auto. It arrived and it is a cylindrical cannister. When I took my TMK apart, I found a rectangular cannister. This is also what is shown in my owner's manual. (Image below).

Does anyone know where to get this? When I search for tire sealant based on model and year, I get the cylinder thing, not the rectangle thing.

1723079489217.png

Best to just get an aftermarket kit and learn to use it. the servicing alert can be turned off, at least for a time. the original owner of our '13 FFE judiciously took care of that but our C-Max still periodically needs to be prompted to STFU

When I couldn't find a new bottle that fit, I removed and opened the old bottle, emptied and washed out the old sealant and then filled it with new sealant from a fresh bottle. I did it a while ago, but it wasn't super hard to do from what I remember.

I'd be very concerned that you'd end up a fraction of the original pressure for dispensing. Obviously don't need it to fill the tire with the compressor available, but it could still prevent normal use.

Back