The top battery non-linear consumption

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmueller065

I think we've all noticed it, that initial hit when driving the car: The first 10 or so miles seems to consume more electricity than the rest.
(Its been mentioned a few times around here, like in this thread.)
I've noticed over the course of the past few weeks that if I set a go-time I don't get as much of an initial hit as when I don't set a go time. (For example: If I set a go time I use a bit less than 20% of the battery on my commute in, if I don't set a go time the amount consumed is more like 22-23%.)
Even if you set the go times with the climate set to off there seems to be an advantage (presumably the battery gets conditioned to a proper temperature before driving away instead of during the first 10 miles or so).
I guess I'm going to leave the go times setup now..!

I would imagine that this would work for the commute home as well, if I could plug in all day (or just the afternoon prior to leaving) and set an afternoon go time..

jmueller065 said:
.... I use a bit less than 20% of the battery on my commute in, if I don't set a go time the amount consumed is more like 22-23%.)
Since you mentioned percent, it reminded me that I can't find out how to display percent on the dash. The phone app does, but I can't get the dash to do it. What's the secret?

Back