Trip Planner in the App

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yesim-Mike

I used Trip Planner in MyFordMobile and I got a total distance ~204 miles, but if I do the same at the Mapquest's or Google Maps, different routes vary betrween 147 and 153 miles. I can understand adding some miles to the actual distance as we cannot have perfect road conditions. Anyway, those of you who used the Trip Planner, did you find it trustworthy?

Thanks

Yesim-Mike said:
I used Trip Planner in MyFordMobile and I got a total distance ~204 miles, but if I do the same at the Mapquest's or Google Maps, different routes vary betrween 147 and 153 miles. I can understand adding some miles to the actual distance as we cannot have perfect road conditions.
The FFE clearly enjoys the more scenic route. :roll:

I have noticed that the nav system doesn't like left turns or will route to avoid a lot of turns, though.

Yesim-Mike said:
Anyway, those of you who used the Trip Planner, did you find it trustworthy?
Personally, I've never tried it. But I think a good comparison would be to use the Trip Planner and then compare the route to the one the nav system charts. Now THAT would be an interesting comparison. Is there a benefit to using the Trip Planner over the nav system? Does it download the trip to the nav?

unplugged said:
The FFE clearly enjoys the more scenic route. :roll:
:)

unplugged said:
Is there a benefit to using the Trip Planner over the nav system? Does it download the trip to the nav?

I am sorry but I don't know the answers to your questions. I thought Trip Planner may look for charging stations so that you may go a bit farther, although not as far as the one I checked (out of curiosity)

I'm very disappointed with the Trip Planner part of the app. most of the time the mapquest part can't find the address you type in, even though it works with that address on google maps. It searches and throws up nothing or a bunch of unrelated locations. MapQuest is coming up short.

Trying to plan a 63 mile trip and had to resort to other avenues to answer my questions.

Ford, Get with Google for the trip planner app please.
H

For trip planning I use the mapquest website along with the "send to car" feature. How many know you can do that?
http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2013/10/06/where-ever-you-go-there-you-are/

In addition I've used the in-car navigation to setup multiple way point routes:
http://jamiegeek.myevblog.com/2014/03/05/how-far-can-i-go-part-ii-using-the-car/

Yeah I've seen the trip planner in the My Ford Mobile app has problems finding some addresses.
For me the distance that it estimates is way low, kinda like its computing the distance "as the crow flies" as opposed to a real route on roads.
For example a known measured 25mile trip (google maps distance along the route agrees with that number) is estimated as only around 15miles on the Trip Planner!
So its kinda useless for me in terms of estimating battery capacity for trips.
The car's nav system seems more accurate in the distance estimates for me.

Back