Would you buy a 2013 FFE over a used Leaf today?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrobenz

TLDR: would you buy a 10 year old Focus Electric over a 10 year old Nissan Leaf?

I was shopping for a cheap second car to use as a runabout, mainly seeing leafs in my sub $5k price range and stumbled across a 2013 Focus Electric with an accident on the history report(front left corner). The listing is at $3,995 and the dash shows 50 miles at just under full charge.
I’ve seen some videos and articles about the community support for old Nissan Leafs which works as well as it does in no small part because of the production scale of that car. Since the market is there for it there is some support for replacement batteries at reasonable prices around $5k-$10k and shops that will do it in my general area.
The Focus on the other hand I have read pack replacement out of warranty can run well over $20k including labor and at least $15k for the battery alone. Does the Focus Electric aftermarket support from any third party shops? Particularly asking for the PNW area.

Back