Front Wiper motor failure?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkevinc

I dove in last week and have my very own FFE. Love the car - all works except for the wiper failure this week. It's not the motor or relay fuse. Curious if anyone else has heard or experienced anything similar along these lines. I'll get the car to a dealer but I can't say I've been impressed on over the phone by the service depts either.

Hoping that I won't be paying the price for trying to do the right thing (electric).

Thanks all!

That is a common part with the ICE Focus as well so that is not indicative of problems with the "EV" part of the car.

Oh yeah there was a recall about that for the ICE Focus back in 2012:
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/09/ford-recalls-140000-focus-models-for-potential-wiper-motor-failure/?_r=0

That was due to a plug not being inserted properly--perhaps yours has a similar issue...?

Interesting - if I can find the wiper wiring harness I'll track it to make sure its seated properly - good tip. Thanks!

Sharing the outcome of this story.

I left my FFE at work (unplugged) for the weekend. This past Monday I came in to find the car totally dead (12v). With a jump the car started right up...and the wipers took off. Problem solved.

Now I'm catching up on the 12v issues with this vehicle and have moved on from wipers ;).

Back