MFM not able to link - CPPM ESN: Unknown

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGFFE2013

Hi,

I am new FFE owner (July 2013), and everything seems great. Wanted to take advantage of MFM, but I have a problem slightly different than the issues discussed a few weeks back.

In my particular case, the system information shows the VIN information, but the CPPM ESN shows Unknown. I believe that this means that the car is not talking to the Ford servers in the "cloud" (no data connection to ATT cell towers.) As a result, I am not able to link MFM account to the car. (FYI - this also does NOT work via VIN information -multiple add/delete, try again)

I've opened a ticket, 10 days later I called them, and after "apologizing", said they would send request to second level technical support and be back in 3 to 5 days.

Anyways, just seeing if anyone has experience this issue or not, and what they had to do to resolve.

Thanks.

Hi... I am having the exact same problem with my 2013 Fusion Energi. I found several posts that say to pull the fuse and leave it out for 30 seconds but that has had no effect on mine. I have also tried doing a master reset on the MyTouch system. still says Unknown.
If you get a response back from Ford on this please let me know what they suggest.

Hi,

Just an update, after me calling Ford (again), they stated that they were internally communicating and would get back to me. They called me yesterday and said they think replacing the TCU unit will solve the problem and that they would ship to my local dealership.

Now, coincidentally, after having driven the car 785 miles, I got the dreaded Stop Safely Now (SSN) and shut me down doing 45 mph. I opened a separate case for this and will be taking car to dealership for this new, scarier, issue.

Thanks.

Back