Please add "screen cleaning mode" to MFT

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

While I can always clean the MFT touchscreen while my FFE is parked and turned off, I often want to do while I'm on the road (stopped at a light or something) when I notice how dirty it is.

But, cleaning the touchscreen with MFT active can end up triggering the software in intended ways, as wiping the screen often registers as "touches" at random points. Also, it isn't as easy to see all the dirt (fingerprints, dust, etc.) when the screen is showing bright graphics.

So, a screen "cleaning mode" would work like this:

1) The cleaning mode would be activated with a special command somewhere.

2) The screen would go blank, or perhaps showing a (very dim) countdown timer (for, say, 30 seconds, or some other duration long enough to clean).

3) After the countdown, the screen would automatically return to normal operation.

Alternately, there could be a way to return the screen to normal immediately, but which is not easily triggered by cleaning it. For example, triple-clicking a "Cancel" button. Or, perhaps the MFT software itself could simply be programmed to ignore the swiping motions of cleaning.

Back