Workaround for wrong color on MyFordMobile

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WattsUp

cwstnsko said:
I renamed my car on MyFordMobile and the color changed to black. The ability to change the color in the vehicle settings was not working for me. I found this on a Fusion Energi forum and it allowed me to unhide and select the correct color for my car!
This is really cool and really sad all at the same time.

Oh thank you thank you thank you. The workaround works perfectly!

You cannot imagine how angry that black car made me every time I saw it. I actually called in a ticket for that problem. The email exchange was, just click on the colors. There are no colors displayed. Just click on the color of your car, it works for me. No colors are displayed. You're using Internet Explorer - oh that browser doesn't work for our webpages, use Chrome. OK, I used Chrome and Safari, the colors aren't there. Oh, I'll get back to you.

Never heard a word.

They broke this when they blended the BEV and PHEV websites.

Thank you again for posting this.

cwstnsko said:
I have read that it is mostly a problem for 2014 models, something related to the colors for 2014 not being loaded..... I'm not sure what to believe.

I was hoping that this fix would also clear up the fuzzy blue car icon on MyFordMobile, but no joy there, I still have the fuzz....
Yeah, I noticed that a lot of the Focuses were out [of focus]. So if I rename my car, it will lose its color AND never be back in focus.

I noticed my silver 2014 showing as black. I keep changing the name, though.

I haven't come up with one I really like yet. I'm trying for something to do with being silver and silent or stealthy and nimble/quick. Being a Firefly fan, I wanted to go with Leaf on the Wind, but clearly having 'leaf' in the name would be weird. I'm also a huge Star Wars fan, so I temporarily used Serenity Falcon. Now I'm driving Wash's Ghost, but I'm not totally satisfied with that either. Open to ideas?

And back on topic, thanks for the info about the code fix. I'm going to try it out immediately, and hope it sticks if/when I change names again.

Thanks! First day with new 2014 FFE and MFM wasn't playing well after a name change--followed instructions and I'm Oxford White again :D

C'mon Blue Oval, help us out here--just fix it!

cwstnsko said:
Based on what I am seeing this morning, they seem to have fixed the site. Not only can I see the colors, but my avatar is alo the correct white FFoE, rather than the fuzzy blue car!
When I clicked on my bookmark for MFM I got this message:
404 Page Not Found

The page you requested was not found. We have been doing some maintenance, so if you reached this page via a bookmark, please delete it and proceed to:
http://www.myfordmobile.com

When I log in I notice that the "updating" text is formatted differently now. I'll need to poke around and see what else has changed. Perhaps they've fixed the trip data so that it will show correctly on MFM!! Hey, I can dream, right? ;)

Edit: I also see that all the avatars are correct for community discussions.

Back