Convince me to lease- scared of "Stop Safely Now" issues

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up my 2013 for basically the 2014's lease deal. $1k down (lease assumption + 1st payment) $333 a month. (tax + leather and $4k higher price tag + $750 for the stupid 'desert protection package, which San Tan puts on every car right off the bat, it does include tint so there is at least $200 in value there...). the 2014 deal is $1k down+$299(+tax). Tax being about $20 a month.

I managed to get $12,500 in rebates/incentives. And am ending up in some weird plate deal. They charged $670 for the plates, but I'm supposed to get $600+ back from AZDMV once it's verified EV. A little footwork but I really hope it's true, hoping it comes with the AZ Alt Vehicle plates, which are supposedly gone in AZ.

Also something I just thought about as there is a bit of fear in buying a 2013 due to the SSN issue. Has it been confirmed to be a hardware failure specific to the 2013 or just because few actually own a 2014 we're thinking it was 'fixed' in a car which was not updated?

Back