Time to change my 12V battery (FFE 2018) ?

Ford Focus Electric Forum

Help Support Ford Focus Electric Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheThing2018

Hello and thank you for your reply.

I purchased a brand new FFE in 2018 and my dealer suggest me to replace my 12V battery.
Odometer : 95000 kms (59000 miles), about 18000 kms/year
EV battery (the whole pack) was replaced under warranty 1 year ago (P0A95 / P0AA1 / P0AA0). The 12V battery was not replaced.

Forscan parameters :

V_Batt : 14.7 V
BATMOD : 14.2 V
BAT_CHA_DISPL : 90.5 %
BAT_PACK_VOLT : 343.04 V
BATTERY_AGE : 2316 days
BATT_INT_OC : OK
BAT_ST_CHRG : 93.0 %
BAT_V_DSD : 10.6 V
V_BATT_BCM : 14.55 V

About my EV cells :
Lowest cell : 3.982 V
Highest cell : 3.997 V
Average : 3.991 V

Most of the cells are above 3.992 V (with a small block of 6 cells block around 3.985 V)

May I have your opinion on this ?
Note : I live in Montreal, Qc, Canada and the weather in winter can be very low (-18C, 0 F). I drive about 60 kms/day, mostly in the city.

About the battery itself, I found that a 26R could be the right one.

FFE cells voltage.jpg

Last edited:
The 12V battery and the HV battery are entirely separate, the health of one doesn't tie to the other aside from each needing to work.

Did they say anything about WHY they suggested it get replaced? Which module is reporting Battery_age?

I know that these parameters are separate but, as a new user here, I wanted to display the actual health of my car.

As for your question, the dealer told me that they advise drivers to change the 12V battery to avoid problems in the future (whatever its condition. In fact, they didn't do a test, they gave their opinion when I went there to buy winter rims).
As far as they're concerned, the average lifespan of a 12V battery is around 5 years, and I'm a year over that.
What's more, winter conditions in Quebec are “notoriously” harsh, and a faulty 12V battery can cause the whole car to malfunction.

That said, I could do a boost if the 12V battery fails.
But I'll read your opinion with interest.
I can do a Forscan of other parameters, if necessary.

Thanks

Back